Violence against women and girls is entwined in every culture on earth; ending it seems impossible. But we follow a God of the impossible, a God who can do more than we can ask or imagine, so, at Restored, everything we do is founded on prayer: asking God for the seemingly impossible - an end to the evil of domestic abuse.
How you can pray
We're thankful for all those that commit to pray with and for us. If you're new to praying for Restored, we'd love you to pray for:
- Survivors and victims of violence to receive the help, support and care they need;
- Perpetrators of violence to stop, to be held accountable, get the help they need to change and for justice to prevail;
- Our member organisations as they work, often in difficult circumstances and situations, to bring about change;
- Churches to be inspired to help change the story for survivors and become part of God's plan for restoration;
- UN, EU, African Union, and governments around the world to prioritise ending violence against women;
- Institutional church structures to do all they can to ensure a zero-tolerance approach on violence against women, whilst supporting survivors and empowering perpetrators to change;
- Staff and volunteers of Restored - for health, strength, energy to keep going;
- Funding for our work - we are a charity and need people to stand with us to change the story for more survivors of abuse.
Monthly prayers - May
This month we'd particularly like prayer for:
- Do give thanks for the money we've raised to grow our work with survivors, we're pleased to have raised nearly £13,000!
- We're excited to be developing First Man Standing, and soon we'll be sharing a series of interviews, hosted by Gaz, about how men can step up and speak out about violence against women. Do join us in praying that, through these interviews, many men would be equipped to play a part in ending violence against women.
Join us in prayer
We'd love you to join us by signing up to our monthly prayer letters and committing to support survivors of abuse, praying for our governments' responses to violence against women to God and asking God how we personally can make a difference.
Receive our whatsapp prayer alerts
Sign up to receive prayer alerts to your phone, just add us as a contact and we'll keep you updated through broadcast messages.
Join our weekly prayer meetings
We meet each week to pray for our work, team, and for an end to violence against women. If you'd like to join us, drop us an email and we'll share the details with you.