Violence against women and girls is entwined in every culture on earth; ending it seems impossible. But we follow a God of the impossible, a God who can do more than we can ask or imagine, so, at Restored, everything we do is founded on prayer: asking God for the seemingly impossible - an end to the evil of domestic abuse.
How you can pray
We're thankful for all those that commit to pray with and for us. If you're new to praying for Restored, we'd love you to pray for:
- Survivors and victims of violence to receive the help, support and care they need;
- Perpetrators of violence to stop, to be held accountable, get the help they need to change and for justice to prevail;
- Our member organisations as they work, often in difficult circumstances and situations, to bring about change;
- Churches to be inspired to help change the story for survivors and become part of God's plan for restoration;
- UN, EU, African Union, and governments around the world to prioritise ending violence against women;
- Institutional church structures to do all they can to ensure a zero-tolerance approach on violence against women, whilst supporting survivors and empowering perpetrators to change;
- Staff and volunteers of Restored - for health, strength, energy to keep going;
- Funding for our work - we are a charity and need people to stand with us to change the story for more survivors of abuse.
Monthly prayers - April
This month we'd particularly like prayer for:
- Do give thanks that we've had some amazing people come forward to volunteer with our Survivors' Network. We're grateful to be growing a team of people to respond to and support the women in our Network.
- The recruitment of a new Survivors' Network Manager. Please pray that the process runs smoothly and that we're able to appoint someone with the right skills to oversee and develop the Network. Do also be praying for Esther, who currently runs the Network, as she steps back from leading it next month.
- For funding for the Survivors' Network - we're seeking to raise funding for the Survivors' Network Manager and the wider Network. Do pray for provision for this.
- Please pray for the Domestic Abuse Bill as it returns to the Commons on 15th April. Do join us in praying that amendments made in the House of Lords would be seriously considered, and that the Bill would be strengthened, providing even more support for women experiencing abuse. You might like to write to your MP about protecting migrant victims of abuse.
Join us in prayer
We'd love you to join us by signing up to our monthly prayer letters and committing to support survivors of abuse, praying for our governments' responses to violence against women to God and asking God how we personally can make a difference.