What is a Restored Beacon?
At Restored we have a vision of a network of churches around the country, standing together against domestic abuse, shining a light in the darkness, and providing a place of safety for survivors.
We call these churches Restored Beacons. Churches whose light guides survivors home to safety. A beacon that calls the people of God to stand together to fix that which is broken in their communities and live out a different way.
- To create safer churches.
- To enable those who have been subjected to abuse to find restoration.
- To challenge and change a culture that has normalised violence against women.
- To restore God's original intention for relationships.
What you need
- Someone or a small team passionate about supporting survivors in your community.
- A leadership committed to providing a safe environment in your church for those who have been abused and prepared to learn how to do that.
How Restored will help:
For a setup fee, you will receive:
- Training for all levels of leadership within your church to an appropriate level.
- Help to review your domestic abuse policy.
- A speaker to help your whole church engage with the issue.
- A pack of resources including
- A Church Guide to Ending Domestic Abuse
- The Survivor’s handbook
- The Domestic Abuse Charter
- Stickers for your toilet doors.
As part of your annual membership fee Restored will provide:
- Exclusive access to church resources
- Dedicated support for your Restored Beacon Lead
- One to one support
- Monthly prayer and supervision sessions
- Annual refresher training for your team
- Member rates on additional training and resources and our annual conference
Find out more
We'd love to hear from you if you're interested in partnering with us to support survivors of domestic abuse in your community
Restored has more than 10 years of experience equipping the church to stand against domestic abuse. Our resources are translated into 13 languages and used around the world.
We're ideally positioned to provide you with ongoing, professional support as work to change the story for survivors of abuse.
Find out more about becoming a Restored Beacon
We'd love to talk to you about how your church can become a Restored Beacon and start changing the story for survivors in your community.