What is a Restored Beacon?
Restored is building a network of churches, standing together against domestic abuse and supporting survivors. We call these churches Restored BeaconsTM. Churches whose light guides survivors home to safety. A beacon that calls the people of God to stand together to fix that which is broken in their communities and live out a different way.
At its simplest, a Restored Beacon is a place of welcome and safety for survivors. A church willing and able to support those who have been let down by people who were meant to love them.
- To create safer churches.
- To enable those who have been subjected to abuse to find restoration.
- To challenge and change a culture that has normalised violence against women.
- To restore God's original intention for relationships.
What you need
Passion: Someone or a small team with a heart and time to support survivors in your church and community.
Commitment: A leadership committed to providing a safe environment in your church for those who have been abused and prepared to learn how to do that.
Finance: It costs Restored £2500 to provide the training and resources to create a Restored Beacon. We have access to funding to subsidise this for many churches. Please don't let finance get in the way of becoming a Restored Beacon. We would love to help you become a Restored Beacon even if funds are limited.
What we will provide
Restored is committed to equipping and supporting you as you change the story for survivors:
Training: for all levels of leadership within your church to an appropriate level.
Help: to review and update your domestic abuse policy.
A pack of resources:
- A Church Guide to Ending Domestic Abuse
- The Survivors' handbook
- The Domestic Abuse Charter
- Stickers for your toilet doors.
- Exclusive access to church resources
- Dedicated 1-1 support for your Restored Beacon Lead
- Monthly prayer and supervision sessions with other Beacons
- Annual refresher training for your team
- Access to further training opportunities
Restored has more than 10 years of experience equipping the church to stand against domestic abuse. Our resources are translated into 13 languages and used around the world.
We're ideally positioned to provide you with ongoing, professional support as work to change the story for survivors of abuse.