Restored is committed to protecting your privacy. We aim to ensure that any information you give us is held securely and safely.
This statement explains how we collect, use and store information via our website and its implications for you. This statement should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions.
We only collect data from people for specific purposes, and once that purpose has finished, we won’t hold on to the data. We also won’t let anyone else access your data unless you’ve specifically asked us to.
If you have any queries about how your information is handled please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at:
PO Box 447
Who we are?
Restored is a Christian charity working to end violence against women and promote restored relationships. . We are a charity registered in England and Wales (No. 113674). We are Registered with Companies House as a limited company No. 7243226 and our registered office is stated above.
For the purposes of this policy, ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ refer to Restored.
When and how we collect information on this website?
- When you subscribe to our mailing list , you are providing us with your personal information. We save it and use it to communicate with you, in accordance with your preferences. Personal information means things like your name and contact details.
- We collect non-personal data about people who visit our website. That’s things like IP addresses (which tell us, for example, the places where people are logging on), which pages people visit and which files they download. This helps us find out if our website is working well and helps us improve it. This information is collected using cookies – see the section on cookies below.
- If you give them your consent, we collect information from third parties such as giving pages, Stewardship and Virgin, or other sites like Just Giving when you fundraise for Restored. You can check their privacy policies to see how they handle your data.
What our basis for processing your data?
We will only use your data in the ways you’ve asked us to. You can change your preferences at any time by clicking on “Update my preferences” or “Unsubscribe” links at the bottom of every email you received from us.
Additionally, we will contact you by post or email if we have a legitimate reason to. For example, if you make a donation we may send you information about how your donation is helping, or about other work we want to do. But we won’t contact you in this way if you’ve asked us not to. And you can change your preferences any time by contacting us here.
Restored uses the following cookies:
- Restored cookies
such as ASP.NET_SessionId, main site#lang, MobileLayout
These allow the website to remember information from page to page, such as your details as you fill in a donation form, whether you want the mobile or full site, etc
It does not remember any personal information like name, or email address.
All except the MobileLayout are deleted when you leave the page.
- Analytics cookies such as SC_ANALYTICS_GLOBAL_COOKIE, SC_ANALYTICS_SESSION_COOKIE, __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
These allow us track a set of data to help improve the website. These cookies help tell Restored how many people have been to the site before, what time people visited the site and what pages were looked at. No personal information is stored.Some are deleted when you leave the site, but others may last as long as 2 years.
- Embedded functionality
such as ShareThis (__unam, __stid, __uset), Google Maps (NID, PREF, SID) YouTube (VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, use_hitbox)
We use a small number of freely available tools to improve our website. ShareThis allows a visitor to share or like that page on Google+, Email, Facebook, Twitter etc. We place all our videos on YouTube..
Use of IP addresses
We collect IP addresses to obtain aggregate information on the use of this website. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer by a web server when you're on the web. When you are on our site, we have a server that logs your computer's IP address.
We only use the information we find out from tracking IP addresses in the aggregate, such as how many users entered a specific area of our site, and not to track a specific IP address to identify an individual user.
At any time you can:
- ask us to delete your personal data
- limit how we keep and use your personal data
- disagree with our reasons for keeping and using your personal data, eg where we have said we have a legitimate reason for processing it
- ask us to give you an electronic copy of the information we have about you so you can send it to another organisation (data portability)
- ask to see what information we have about you. We’ll respond within one month.
If you do want to do any of the above, just get in touch and let us know.
For more information about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website at https://ico.org.uk.
Respecting your privacy
We keep your personal information only for as long as we need it for each activity. What we have to do by law, accounting and tax all come into play. If you tell us you’re happy for us to send you marketing materials, we’ll keep contacting you for up to three years, unless you tell us not to. If you have questions on any of this, or want to see the data protection policy, just get in touch:
Data Protection Officer
P.O Box 447
Or email: email@example.com
We use cloud-based systems to process data – that means data may be processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We only let this happen when we believe your data will be kept safe. We do everything we can to make sure your data is looked after as described in this policy. By giving us your personal data you’re agreeing to us using the cloud-based systems to process it.
The only people who can access personal data are those Restored's staff members or volunteers who can’t do their jobs without it. These people are all trained in data protection.
But please remember, despite all of this, the internet is never 100 per cent secure. When you submit data there is always a risk.
When we share your information
Restored does not sell, rent or pass on any information about you to other organisations. We may need to pass on information when required by law or by a regulatory body (for example, for a Gift Aid audit by the Inland Revenue or if asked for details by a law enforcement agency). We may provide third parties with overall information about visitors and users to our site, but this information, other than as explained above, is both aggregate and anonymous.
Please tell us when things change
Restored endeavours to keep the data we hold about you up to date. Should you spot any errors, or you no longer wish to receive information from us, please contact us.
Changes to Restored’s privacy statement
From time to time, we will make changes to this statement to keep it up to date and relevant. Please make sure you check regularly to see what's changed.